Ahhhh, I love Spring! It’s the time of new beginnings, blossoms growing, weather heating up, vacation planning on the brain, cleaning your house…and how about cleaning your body? Let’s clean that up too!
I honestly can’t think of a better time to renew your New Years resolutions, than Spring. Let’s do a check in with your goals to see where you’re at. Are you holding strong in your health and wellness goals? If not, why not? Is there any way I can help you with that? If you need or want a health coach to help hold you accountable, please please reach out to me. I LOVE watching my clients lives change for the better! For most of them, it looks like weight loss. And many people just need a clear path to follow to get there. Here are my top tips for SPRING CLEANING your Body!
1. Evaluate your water intake. You should be drinking half your body weight in ounces of water each day. Are you constantly having cravings? Drink more water. Flavor the water with berries, cucumbers, mint, & watermelon.
2. Get rid of the processed foods in your cupboard. I think this one is probably one of the hardest for my clients. They don’t want to waste money by throwing food away. I would change your mindset around this. The “new you” is someone who doesn’t eat junk food/processed foods. Did you know you can prioritize your time in such a way that you can cook and prepare all your food in a short amount of time. I can teach you that in my coaching program, but there are many meal prep videos on YouTube
3. Prepare at least 1 new meal each week. Make that meal meatless. Get creative. Plan on NO sugar or flour being in this meal. This is a great way to challenge you and force you to try finding new recipes. Look no further than pinterest. I think this tip is really a good one to experiment with. It’s going to move you into action that will spur on a ripple effect in other areas of your life. You feel so accomplished and proud of yourself when you create something. In this case a new dish.
4. Take a detox bath 3x a week. Put this in your calendar or you probably won’t do it. Buy some epsom salt. Pour two cups into a hot bath. Add in a couple drops of lavender essential oil. Relax for 20 min. If you have access to a Near Infrared sauna, sit in one for 20 min. If you want to build your own for around $150, watch THIS YOUTUBE video. This is a great way to detox. A regular sauna or steam room will be fine as well.
5. Add Milk Thistle and/or Nettle or dandelion tea to your daily routine to detox your liver. Milk thistle is one of those supplements I take in capsule form, 2 every night for one month on, 3 months off. Drink the tea mid-day when the sugar cravings come on. Drinking 12 oz of warm lemon water every morning to really get things moving and also support your liver.
6. Enroll in my 5-day Seasonal Detox. I have one coming up on March 26th-30th. It’s a great detox for beginners and you’ll get all the support you need/want to make this a success. I have recipes, shopping guides, eating out guides, smoothies and juice guide all available to you PLUS a private Facebook group where you can ask any questions you want and get the support you need.
You can also find me teaching a Juicing/smoothies/detox water class on Tuesday March 13th here in AZ-Look under EVENTS.
Go out there and make it a great season!
Here’s to your health!